Making the decision to live a smoke-free life will lead you into a process that almost immediately begins to shift the state of your health, change the amount of green in your pocketbook and give you a new, fresh perspective on life.
Within eight hours the level of nicotine in your body will drop by over 90%. In about 72 hours your body will be entirely free of nicotine. That's right, in three days time you will be completely nicotine free. Yes, it can be an uncomfortable three days as your system goes through the detoxification process. But after this short time you are physically completely free of nicotine. Want to prolong the uncomfortable period of withdrawal? Then try using those nicotine patches that slowly reduce the levels of this drug in your system. All that really does is prolong the torturous process of detoxifying from nicotine.
Once the nicotine is out of your system it is your emotions and habitual responses that need attention. This is why those â€œone-timeâ€ treatment with acupuncture programs are pretty much guaranteed to fail, as you need support for the jitters and discomfort that comes from your emotions and habits finding a new balance as you transition into being a different person.
How can I more effectively and comfortably quit tobacco?
Use acupuncture! Use it during that first month of being a non-smoker to increase your comfort with the transition. Acupuncture helps your body to detox, and speed up the return of the healthy physiological functions of your lungs, heart, and liver. It also supports you in finding some fortitude and calm in the at times tumultuous process of ending your relationship with tobacco.
Why use acupuncture?
- It helps to eliminate cravings
- Speeds up the process of detoxification
- Reduces irritability and anxiety
- Improves sleep
- Helps to control appetite
- It just plain feels good
- Balances hormones
- Uses an individualized approach geared specifically for your body type
Who would benefit from smoking cessation treatment with acupuncture?
- Understand that becoming a non-smoker is a process, not an event
- Want to use natural, instead of pharmaceutical, methods
- Are willing to put in the time and effort to make a change in their life
- Trust their body and emotions are allies in this process
- Want improved health and vitality
- Want to lower their insurance premiums, or get off of pharmaceutical medications related to smoking induced problems
Who is not a good candidate for using acupuncture to stop smoking?
- Are not ready to quit smoking
- Want acupuncture to magically change their behavior
- Think that smoking is not connected to other habits in life
- Are not willing to go through the process of change and transformation
- Expect to never again crave tobacco after a single treatment
- Think you have to believe in acupuncture for it to work
Why do you want to see a Licensed Acupuncturist for this kind of treatment?
Licensed Acupuncturists (L.Ac) have over three years of training in acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Compare that with the amount of hours chiropractors are required for their board for certification (100 hours), or MD's (no specific training is required). L.Ac's know how to safely needle the points around the lung, and not only know the auricular points for detoxification, but also bring the wealth of Chinese medicine's perspective to help your body/mind/spirit quickly, comfortably and safely find a new and healthy balance. Additionally, many L.Ac's are well versed in using Chinese herbs, which can both speedup the detoxification process and help to promote healthy lung function. Visit the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) for a list of accredited acupuncturists near you.
What's the process?
At Yong Kang Clinic we know that smoking cessation is a process. So we are here to support you through those critical weeks where you first detox, and then address the emotional and habitual cues and triggers that used to leave you reaching for a cigarette.
We offer a smoking cessation package that consists of:
- Complete workup and constitutional diagnosis
- Full body acupuncture treatment tailored specifically toward your unique character
- Ten follow up calming/detox treatments in the next 30 days
- Proven and effective herbal prescriptions that calm anxiety and cravings, and boost up lung function
- Caring and experienced practitioners who have your concerns at heart
This program costs $395, includes one full body treatment and 10 follow-up auricular treatments within 30 days at your convenience. Michael Max is an NCCAOM board certified Chinese Medicine herbalist, and can recommend an herbal prescription that will help you through the process. This herbal consultation is included in the fee, there is an additional charge for the herbs depending on amount prescribed.
Are you ready?
Did you feel that slight fluttery-click feeling your chest lets you know you've made a decision?
Then give us a call and let's get started.